EasyRes is a fast screen resolution switcher for Mac OS X with live animated previews.
New: EasyRes Today widget for Yosemite Notification Center!
EasyRes was built with Retina in mind. Quickly and easily choose between Retina and non-Retina modes. Select native Retina resolutions, not normally exposed by system settings.
EasyRes can run in both the menu bar and the Notification Center (Yosemite), giving you maximum flexibility for instantly switching resolutions at any time.
Fully animated previews allow you to see how the windows on your screen will look before selecting a resolution.
- NEW: Today widget for Yosemite! Quick access to resolutions for all attached screens from the Notification Center. As a bonus it shows a preview of actual screen arrangement when multiple screens are attached.
- Quick access to resolutions for all attached screens from the menu bar.
- Live animated previews of how windows will be sized for each screen resolution by simply mousing over the menu (menu bar mode) or selecting a mode (Today widget).
- Resolutions and previews are shown for all connected screens.
- EasyRes fetches all available resolutions for each screen from the system. Note that EasyRes does not have privileges to create new or alternate resolution modes.
- Retina smart: Resolutions are grouped by Retina and non-Retina modes (only when Retina modes are detected by the system).
- Retina native: Native Retina display resolutions can be selected, such as the full 2880 x 1800 pixels on a 15" Retina MacBook Pro.
- HDTV smart: TV resolutions such as 1080p, 1080i, 720p are all listed when available, including refresh rates such as 50Hz/60Hz, making it easy to find the right HDTV resolution.
- Recently selected resolutions are remembered for each screen.
- User-friendly labels are displayed beside resolutions, such as "Best for Retina Display", "Native", "1080p NTSC".
- Labels can be added and customised for any resolution on any screen, making it easy to find your favourite resolutions.
- Option to automatically launch at login.